UPTOWN – for unique fashion… and… We started UPTOWN for women to offer you luxury and designer goods that last; to bring back understanding of quality and slow fashion and to encourage “re-cycling”. This is based on the concept of too much waste in the fashion industry, with too low-pricing on throw-away clothes and the fake industry (see more on our philosophy here). UPTOWN is not just to look good, but to feel good & make a difference too.
How to Consign ?
**NOTE – due to excessive demand and non-serious clientele, please understand that we do NOT answer queries in the shop nor accept consignment without an appointment. ** We do NOT give valuations over the phone.
- We only accept large lots (over 10 pieces) of high end and in excellent condition items (please see below),
- Exceptions are made for smaller lots (1-9) of luxury bags or high-value items.
- Consignment by appointment ONLY. Please email us first!
STEP 1: Email us ONE photo of each item to info(at)uptowngeneve.com (click here)
STEP 2: If we take your items, we will fix an appointment for you to come to the shop. Or we offer a pick-up service in Genève centre for 20chf or Canton of Geneva for 30chf. If we do not take your items, we will also answer you.
All articles must be :
- In excellent condition & brought to us pressed on hangers in clothes bags (housse) for clothes & in dustbags/shoeboxes (housse ou boites) for shoes and bags.
- Cleaned! Drycleaned for clothes, dirt & stains removed for shoes (nettoyage à sec pour vetements). If they are not cleaned and pressed, we will charge a fee and deduct this from your contract.
Please do NOT clean the outside of luxury bags, except at a professional spa of the brand of the bag itself.
Please remove all items and dust/hair from the pockets/inside of articles, using a lint remover.
See consignment details below. Our general legal information is here.
UPTOWN is where to go to find quality evening wear, shoes, bags, accessories. Giji is so helpful in finding what you want - I asked for a special cheongsam, I got it! And if you want to empty your wardrobe, it's the place to go too - but please, only ``quality stuff
WasihClient, April 2016
General conditions for consignment – UPTOWN Genève
Updated August 2017
Please note, this type of contract is binding upon signature under Swiss law. There is no right to revocation period.
- The client presents an ID and leaves in UPTOWN, a lot of bags / clothing / shoes / accessories as listed on the contract. UPTOWN reserves the right to take a copy of the ID.
- Items must be genuine. All counterfeit articles will be refused. The client confirms that to their knowledge, there is no indication that the goods have been obtained by means of an offense against property, especially during a conflict, or theft. Items must be in excellent condition and clean. Clothing must be pressed and brought on hangers. The shoes in original bags / boxes, if not, in individual bags. Articles are selected by UPTOWN. UPTOWN has the right to refuse any items that do not comply with the above conditions or that have already been sold second-hand or that are currently being sold elsewhere/ on an online platform / social media group or that are not the original property of the client.
- Any cleaning and repair costs of the items offered are either borne by the client, or deducted from the benefit of sale of items of the client. The cleaning fees are indicated on the contract and are reduced from the commission of the client. Should no items be sold, the client bears the cost of repair/cleaning of the items and is to pay this amount to UPTOWN.
- This contract is exclusive, hence the client may not sell the items privately, nor in another store nor on an online platform/social media group during the term of the contract. Should the client violate the contract, UPTOWN reserves the right to remove the items from sale.
- The client, in agreement with UPTOWN, shall fix the desired benefit from sale for each of the items during the contract period. This is marked on the contract. The items are placed on consignment for a period of 2 months. On the contract, the client’s commission is indicated for the first 30 days (period A) and the second 30 days (period B) at a reduced benefit (-10%), from the contract signature.
- UPTOWN undertakes sale of the item on behalf of the client in the shop, on the shop online: www.uptowngeneve.com & on our facebook, instagram, twitter, pinterest and other associated social media pages. UPTOWN will add their commission (between 10% and 40% depending on the article) to the contract price of the item and add on each item 8% tax (paid by the buyer). If the items are also placed in the shop online, UPTOWN reserves the right to add bank charges & shipping costs – paid by the buyer (calculated by value/weight).
- For the sale of each item, the benefit corresponding to the sale period will be available to the client at the expiration of the contract.
- The client has one week after the contract expiry date to recover unsold items. Beyond this period, UPTOWN reserves the right to dispose of the unrecovered merchandise and the client can not claim any compensation. It is the client’s responsibility to take note of the expiry date of the contract and make an appointment at the shop to collect unsold items within one week of the contract expiry. Clients are responsible for noting & remembering the expiry date.
- If the client wants to recover some or all articles submitted before the end of the contract, they must pay administration fees (for marketing, advertising, overheads etc) amounting to a minimum of 30chf and a maximum of 20% of the period A contract price for each item, whichever is the higher.
- The client must collect the benefit from sales of items within 365 days. After this time, the full benefit from the sale goes to UPTOWN.